Quality Control Inspector
Alliance Steel is looking for a Quality Control Inspector for our Steel Building Manufacturing facility in SW Oklahoma City.
Prior experience in the Steel Building Industry is preferred.
Experience inspecting Welds, Weld Fabrication, and Welded Finished Goods is required.
Under limited supervision, perform inspection on all products during the manufacturing cycle and prior to leaving the plant for delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect product during the manufacturing process for adherence to prints, proper manufacturing technique, and other processes as directed by the Department Manager.
- Ensure all components are correctly manufactured prior to loading for delivery.
- Point out and ensure correction of any deficiencies found.
- Inform Department Manager of any trends found that may need management attention.
- Train shop personnel in correct policies and procedures whenever necessary.
- Observe safety procedures and correct or report any observed safety violations.
To perform the job of Quality Control Inspector (Welding) successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials of the job.
- Have an understanding of the overall operation of the entire plant.
- Have an understanding of the goals of the company as a whole.
- Be able to read and understand prints at a high level of expertise.
- Demonstrate skills in dealing with employees fairly, yet firmly, to maximize production efforts.
- Be able to coordinate your efforts with the Shop Supervisors to avoid work delays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Related work experience may be substituted for education.
- At least three years experience in the hands on, successful work experience in the Metal Building industry inspecting Welds and Welded Finished Goods.
Must be able to issue and understand instructions in English.
Must be able to perform all basic math functions at a high level.
Must be able to read a tape measure to 1/16th inch quickly and accurately.
Requires logic and creativity in thought process. Must be able to prioritize and think on your feet.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 90% of time will be spent in standing, walking, bending, squatting, reaching, and while using tools twisting and turning. 10% of time will be spent sitting, reading or researching publications. May be required to lift up to 100 lbs. with a partner on an infrequent basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment is typical of a manufacturing facility. Excessive temperatures, both high and low, may be encountered and noise levels are often extremely high.